Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why I Watch MSNBC for my News

...and it has nothing to do with ideology. I turn MSNBC on, and there is their political analyst speaking to congressmen and other analysts about voting in their precincts, and how the results are looking. I see footage of voting in various places. I get information.

I turn to Fox and what do I get? An interview with that dishonest idiot John Fund on a book he wrote about that oft-asserted but rarely demonstrated voter fraud. I turn to CNN and they are talking about which businesses are giving away ice cream on election day.

This has been a consistent pattern over the course of this election. I don't give a rip about the ideology of my newsmen and commentators: two of my favorites are Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan. I care about getting information, and some networks just supply a lot more than others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"oft-asserted but rarely demonstrated voter fraud."

You have got to be kidding.

I'm not saying that it turned the election, and I don't want to sound like a sore loser for bringing it up, but you have got to be kidding.

ScienceAvenger said...

Not at all. From Politico:

====

For weeks, Republican leaders have warned that widely reported problems with fake voter registrations could result in a flood of phony votes in pivotal states.
But Ronald Michaelson, a veteran election administrator and member of the McCain-Palin Honest and Open Election Committee, said in an interview that he could not name a single instance in which this had occurred.

"Do we have a documented instance of voting fraud that resulted from a phony registration form? No, I can't cite one, chapter and verse," he said

=====

A lie is still a lie no matter how many times it is told. Try not getting your news from GOP proganda sites.

Anonymous said...

I’ve been wondering why I’m drawn to MSNBC and I think you hit it. The political slant is annoying. Olbermann seems to relish but not realize that he’s Bill O’Reily’s anti-particle. And the channel seems to have followed his lead. But they do tend to wind up telling you something.

I watched the election results on ABC last night and it was like a long episode of Good Morning America. I kept waiting for Paula Deen to cook something while they were waiting for results.