Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Disney: "It's Fast", not "a fact"

In my excitement recently from a recent trip to Florida, I erroneously posted this:

======

"It's a blast, its a fact, it's the past"

That's what you read when you enter the Dinosaur ride at Epcot Center in Disneyworld. Kudos to Disney for standing up for science. No dinosaurs with saddles here.

======

Well, as was pointed out below, that's not what it says. So apologies to Disney, but as I said below, they are still on the right side of this issue, as they unapologetically displayed the dinosaurs in a historically responsible manner.

2 comments:

ronaldo said...

Did you see that sign yourself?
The following link has it differently:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/common/Plain?id=PlainAKPage


"Whoosh back to primeval times for a wild ride of an expedition to complete your dangerous mission. The clock is ticking on your Time Rover and you have mere minutes to rescue a stray dinosaur. Beware the hungry clutches of one large meat-eating predator and the devastating power of an impending asteroid! It's fast. It's a blast! It's in the past!"

ScienceAvenger said...

No, I took my girlfriend's word for it, and I wondered why it didn't sound too smooth. I've got a cousin working there verifying it, and I'll make a correction if she says I need one.

But once again, in the big picture Disney still deserves credit. The exhibit is unabashed about dinosaurs living millions of years in the past, with no phony "controversy" qualifiers. If only all our educational institutions were as unapologetic about the science.